"The Board of the National Bureau of Statistics was established and is acting in compliance with the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Moldova no. 1049 from 6 October 2005 "Regarding the approval of the National Bureau of Statistics’ Regulation and nominal composition of the NBS Board“.
At its meetings the Board examines:
- Priority problems related to the task fulfilment of official statistical bodies, the functioning of national statistical system, human resources and their training;
- Activity of subdivisions from the central office, regional statistical offices, subordinated enterprises and organisations;
- Activity of the ministries, departments and other institutions regardless of their subordination, concerning the statistical and financial reporting system and assurance of data authenticity;
- Drafts of the most important legislative and normative acts developed by NBS headquarters.
The Board’s activity is based on constructive examination and joint problem solving, based on principles of democracy and publicity, on the personal responsibility of the Board members regarding the development, approval and implimentation of decisions. The efficiency of Board’s activity is assured by organizational, creative and concrete work of each Board member, divisions and sections of the central office, regional statistical divisions and sections, other organizations subordinated to the Bureau.
Nominal composition of the National Bureau of Statistics Board:
- SPOIALĂ Lucia - Director General of the National Bureau of Statistics, the President of Collegium
- CARA Oleg - Deputy Director General of the National Bureau of Statistics
- MÎRZAC Ion - Head of General Division of Information Technologies
- GODIAC Maria - Head of Division Synthesis and Dissemination of Statistical Information
- SAVVA Janetta - Head of General Division for Statistics of Chisinau municipality
- GÎDILICA Valentina - Head of Division National Accounts and Macroeconomic Synthesis
- MÎRZAC Ion - Head of Division Informational Technologies
- PÎRŢACHI Ion - Head of Department "Statistics and Economic Forecasts", Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova
- TORCUNOV Iurii - Head of Division of Macroeconomic Analysis and Forecasting, Ministry of Economy