Animated data visualisation using this application presents the changes in territorial aspect of indicators that refer to:
- vital statistics rates: live births, deaths, natural increase, marriages, divorces, infant mortality
- household amenities: hot water, mains gas, internal wc, mains drainage, bath or shower
- population density and number of resident population
- distribution of population by economic activity: activity, employment and unemployment rates
The applications were developed in collaboration with Data Visualisation Centre of United Kingdom’s Office for National Statistics.
Technical specifications: To see the map, click on the picture. Various options will be described under the map on mouseover. You must have the browser plugin Flash installed in order to view the applications.
Population density and resident population count,
Distribution of population by economic activity,
The statistical zones are classified as follows:
- municipality Chisinau
- North: districts Briceni, Edinet, Ocnita, Donduseni, Soroca, Drochia, Riscani, Glodeni, Falesti, Singerei, Floresti, Soldanesti and mun. Balti
- Centre: districts Ungheni, Telenesti, Rezina, Orhei, Calarasi, Nisporeni, Straseni, Criuleni, Dubasari, Anenii Noi, Ialoveni and Hincesti
- South: districts Leova, Cimislia, Basarabeasca, Causeni, Stefan Voda, Cantemir, Taraclia, Cahul and TAU Gagauzia